A C D E H I M O P S T W X
- Where can I find documentation?
1. http://support.brightcomputing.com/manuals is where the main documentation for Bright Cluster Manager is at, in the form of manuals.
Manuals for Bright Cluster Manager up to version ...
- What is a product key?
What is a product key?
A product key is used to unlock a license.
When you get a Bright Cluster Manager DVD, there is a license included ...
- Why do mails flood in after updating my software image?
Because there is probably some mail generated in the mail spool in the software image.
When, and on which versions does it happen?
This issue occurs ...
- Why has my software suite has vanished from the bunch of nodes I installed it on? How do I fix it?
Most likely you installed the software directly onto those nodes instead of on the "software image". Then, after a reboot of the nodes, whatever you ...
- When does a node need to be restarted?
When does a node need to be restarted? Why does a node need to be restarted? Can I ignore it? How do I clear that ...
- Why can I login to the node as root, but not as a regular user?
Two likely possibilities:
1. Maybe because /home is not mounted.
2. Maybe because users have been configured by Bright Cluster Manager to prevent ssh access.
So check these ...
- What is an MCE failure? Why is it running alongside the disk burn test?
What is an MCE failure?
MCE stands for Machine Check Exception, and should not be ignored.
If you see the kernel reporting these, then it is highly ...
- Why do I have CUPS on my cluster?
Why do I have CUPS on my cluster? I don't want CUPS opening up ports or trying to print! I don't even have a printer ...
- What do the version numbers mean?
A major Bright Cluster Manager release has a major number associated with it. For example:
5 (same as 5.0), or 6 (same as 6.0).
A minor ...
- Why do I only have 6 search domains in my cluster?
Why do I only have 6 search domains in my cluster? I have defined plenty more!If you keep adding search domains via the partition base ...
- Why doesn't Bright have a newer version of X?
I want to use a newer software version Y. Why does Bright only provide version X?
We release with the latest stable versions of third party ...
- Why is the Ethernet switch port-based identification not working?
Why is the Ethernet switch port-based identification not working?IntroductionThe steps below will help you troubleshoot why port-based identification on an Ethernet switch might not be ...
- Why are my filesystems no longer exported from my head node after setting up HA?
Why are my filesystems no longer exported from my head node after setting up HA?
Short answer: It is done by Bright to protect the filesystems ...
- Why is my workload manager configuration changed by Bright?
Why is my workload manager configuration changed by Bright?
How do I make configuration changes to the workload manager (WLM) permanent?
If the configuration changes of ...
- What is ipmi_si and why am I getting a message about it?
What is ipmi_si and why am I getting a message about it?ipmi_si is a kernel module that Red Hat and similar decided to discontinue in ...
- Why is rsh not working?
Why does RSH not work?
- rsh <hostname> <command> results in poll: protocol failure in circuit setup
- /var/log/messages contains in.rshd message like “Could not allocate space ...
- Why do I have no monitoring history for disk-related metrics?
Why do I have no monitoring history for disk-related metrics?
(or, approaching this issue from the other side)
Too many disks are causing too many metrics -- ...
- What is the impact of the Heartbeat SSL bug on a Bright cluster?
The Heartbleed bug (CVE-2014-0160) allows anyone to read memory belonging to the server process handling the connection, if they can connect to a server that ...
- Why is my switch port offset by 1 with Bright?
Why is my switch port number offset by 1 with Bright?
There may be a bug in the switch. Please contact Bright Computing for a workaround, ...
- Why do I get error messages after patching BASH for the Shellshock vulnerabilty?
Why do I get error messages after patching BASH for the Shellshock vulnerabilty?
ash: BASH_FUNC_module(): line 0: syntax error near unexpected token ´)'
bash: BASH_FUNC_module(): line 0: ...
- What is cm-register-node, and how can I use it?
What is cm-register-node, and how can I use it?
(was: How can I add an SGI UV node to an existing Bright Cluster?) Written in catechismic ...
- Windows DHCP or WDS is blocking PXE boot. How do I fix it?
Sometimes a running Windows DHCP server is needed which cannot be disabled, and also happens to be connected to the internal management and booting network ...
- Why does cmgui only work with Firefox upto version 56.x.x?
For Bright 7.3 and earlier versions, cmgui will not work with Firefox versions higher than 56.x.x -- why?
Starting from Firefox 57, only extensions developed using ...
- What do I do about the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities?
What should be done to a cluster running Bright Cluster Manager to deal with the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities?
- When I shutdown a HA headnode manually, failover doesn't occur. Why?
Manually shutting down a headnode means:
Running the Linux shutdown or poweroff command.
Triggering a shutdown with sysrq.
Shutting down a HA node manually, implies manual failover. Automatic ...